Saturday, April 20, 2019

Re: colorscheme 16-bit

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 08:52:29PM +0200, meine wrote:
> on how to adapt a vim colorscheme to 16-bits color

Thank all for your replies and reading!

@Salman: you have an interesting option to keep up with developments!

@Frank: TNX for the nickel! My main box has a Nvidia card and I chose
not to use it and stick with the basic `sh' terminal in FreeBSD 12.
Tried the `fish' shell but that didn't give me extra colors, so I'll
have to stick with the basic 16-bits of colors...

@Tony: TNX for your extensive reply! IMHO vim is not only for rescueing
your system. I preferrably use vim in a tty console, because working in
that environment skips all the nuisance and distraction my X11
environment has -- no temptation to get a quick view of mastodon,
twitter or the headlines. When in GUI, I still prefer using vim in an xterm
window, but when I double-click a file in the XFE file manager gvim does
the job.

Have a nice Easter Weekend,

BFN

//meine

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: