Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Re: How about dropping the MzScheme interface?

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 1:56 PM Jesus Arocho <un.yuquiyu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have been reading this thread and I am not sure I understand the question: "why would anyone need to alter text"

Could be trolling; that user started a side-thread with a post "What
the f*** is Vim?" and I decided to answer "seriously and friendly",
giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still wondering whether or
not I've been unduly "feeding the animals". In some other mailing
lists he might have been the object of bad language and/or insults but
I decided to uphold the Vim lists' reputation of friendliness — on
hindsight, maybe in this case it was above and beyond the call of duty
but I still think I did "the right thing".
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:01 AM John Mon <john82654@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your time Tony! I've often wondered about why people ever need to alter text? If you have time I would love to know the answer. Thanks in advance!
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 11:49 AM Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 2:58 PM John Mon <john82654@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > Thanks Tony you mean like notepad in W10?
>>>
>>> IMHO, Vim is to Notepad what a Rolls-Royce is to a bicycle (except on
>>> the matter of price). But that's just my own opinion, after I've veen
>>> using Notepad, then Vim, for a number of years.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Tony.

Best regards,
Tony.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAJkCKXv2nfv_A0LRyAF0NW7z43vewkft6wCHRWqUWvpSmcx12A%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: