Monday, January 27, 2020

Re: How to get the folder from a full file path?

On 2020-01-27, Zhe Lee wrote:
> I know %:p %:t thes things. But What I need now is not current folder I get a
> full file path from a regex match. 
>
> And now I need to get the folder from this full path. 
>
> I already Google a lot but can't find useful things all related about "%:t :p"
> things so how to make it. 
>
> This is the code I use in the vimrc file. 
>
> function! HandleURL()
>   let s:uri = matchstr(getline("."), '[a-zA-Z]*:\/[^ >,;]*')
>   echo s:uri
>   if s:uri != ""
>     if s:uri =~ '^http'
>         silent exec "AsyncRun chrome ".s:uri.""
>     else
>         """"""""""""""
>         "I want to use the totalcmd64 to run the folder of the s:uri here.
>         """"""""""""""
>         silent exec "AsyncRun TOTALCMD64 ".s:uri.""
>     endif
>   else
>     echo "No URI found in line."
>   endif
> endfunction

I'm not sure I understand. I think you're looking for fnamemodify()
and the ":h" modifier, perhaps this:

silent exec "AsyncRun TOTALCMD64 ".fnamemodify(s:uri, ":h")

See

:help fnamemodify()
:help filename-modifiers

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20200127171546.GD23965%40phoenix.

No comments: