Saturday, January 11, 2020

Re: -S option

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 6:52 PM Gary Johnson <garyjohn@spocom.com> wrote:
>
> On 2020-01-11, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> > I'm fighting the following strange behaviour:
> > >From an xterm, in Linux:
> > $ vim -S bar.vim foo.txt


> $ vim -N -u NONE --cmd 'syntax on' -S bar.vim foo.txt
>
Thanks a lot. The problem goes away with the '-u NONE' part. So I
checked my .vimrc and the culprit was a custom color scheme I use. The
corresponding file, in .vim/colors/, contained a line 'hi clear",
before my custom colors. I don't know whether it was supposed to be
there or I just put it there , cargo-cult like. Anyway, commenting out
that line yields the desired behaviour.

regards

Jorge

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAKpSnp%2B%2BcRn_2PPJpucA%3D%3DHzkqP6oKwA%2BxHnTO8RisNVDKoOgA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: