Thursday, December 1, 2022

Re: List of changed lines

On Do, 01 Dez 2022, Salman Halim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible, either natively or through Vim script (I'm happy to write the
> code, but not sure what to look for), to get a list of the lines that have been
> changed since a particular moment?
>
> For example, I want a list of the lines I've added, deleted or modified since
> the last time I saved the file or since the last time I opened the file, even
> if it's been saved in between, or in the past hour. 

I would use one of the undo plugins (like gundo python or undotree
vimscript) plugins for this. I think they also show the diff between
versions.

I even created a plugin histwin when the persistence undo feature was
introduced, that allowed you to tag certain states and allowed to show
you the diff between states

Best,
Christian
--
Von den Schlechten Verlacht zu werden ist fast ein Lob.
-- Desiderius Erasmus von Rotterdam

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20221201145206.GB472721%40256bit.org.

No comments: