Monday, December 5, 2022

vim clipboard paste max size ?

Hi,

I sometimes edit files with vim over a serial port at 921600 baud.
It works very well for the most part.
I can copy large amounts from vim to the remote clipboard with osc52 with no problem.
But when I go to a new tab/buffer and set paste and startinsert and then paste from the clipboard to a vim buffer things go badly if the amount I paste exceed about 15-20k bytes.  I have tried turning off highlighting and some plugins but it doesn't really help, I always end up in some funky state where an initial part of the clipboard contents are there, but I am left in insert mode and cannot ever get out of it.  The amount where this happens isn't always exactly the same and it doesn't seem to be dependent on the content as it happens with all sorts of clipboard data.
Could it be flow control chars or ^@ fill chars or something like that ?
But if I write clipboard contents to a program or script I run from the cmdline that reads from the port I can save it all to a file with no problems or errors for sizes much larger than this.
Is there a fixed, maximum size of clipboard paste that vim will accept ?
I have tried several different terminals as well, but all with similar results.

thanks for any help,
-m

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/9f4711e2-8d84-4e8d-9a27-0f91205fe3d9n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: