Monday, December 19, 2022

Re: Multiple windows get corrupted


Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did try Ctrl-L or the ex command :redraw as I found them when searching for similar experience from others.
I am running in GUI mode. 

Latest version meaning what? Vim 9 or the latest in 8.2xxx build? As I mentioned I am running 8.2.4919. 
However I would be glad to upgrade to Vim 9. The problem however when I tried this upgrade on a non work environment by cloning and building vim, the steps didn't mentioned how to go about populating all the other sub folders under vim. Example, plugin, syntax, colors, etc.

Thanks,
Ben
On Monday, December 19, 2022 at 04:33:02 AM CST, Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org> wrote:


Am 2022-12-19 01:04, schrieb Ben Mehmet:
> When running vim (mostly) in multi-window mode in ubuntu, my windows
> get corrupted with random characters. Hard to explain, but as if the
> screen doesn't get refreshed. Like to see the actual buffer contents,
> I have to move up or down continuously. I try ctrl-r or :e with no
> result. I am on vim 8.2 and ubuntu 22.04.
> I appreciate any help with this matter.

Have you tried using `Ctrl-L` or the ex command `:redraw` (with or
without the `!`)?

Does it fix it?

Also, are you running vim in a terminal or using a GUI? Can you verify
using the latest Vim version?

Thanks,
Chris


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/b82f0c0fb03160df7d635781d829abb9%40256bit.org.

No comments: