Thursday, December 8, 2022

Re: [typing Russian with Dvorak layout]

Dear all,

I hope all is well with you. I managed to solve my problem with a little bit of reading of the Vim help on the subjects of 'keymap' and 'mbyte-keymap'. I looked at the available keymaps with ':echo globpath(&rtp, "keymap *.vim")' and discovered a keymap called 'russian-dvorak'. This is what I set now with the 'set keymap' command in my '.vimrc' file. It works like a charm! Thank you and have a great day ahead!


Best wishes,
Maxim

Maxim Abalenkov \\ maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com
+44 7 486 486 505 \\ www.maxim.abalenkov.uk

> On 6 Dec 2022, at 11:19, Maxim Abalenkov <maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I hope all is well with you. I need help please. I think, I have a relatively easy problem. In the past, when I used 'Qwerty' as my default keyboard layout I was able to switch to typing Russian with the 'Ctrl+^'. To achieve that I have the following settings in my '.vimrc' configuration file:
>
> set keymap=russian-jcukenmac
> set iminsert=0
> set imsearch=0
> highlight lCursor guifg=NONE guibg=Cyan
>
> Recently, I learnt Dvorak layout and try to use it everywhere including Vim. However, now when I try to use my configuration in .vimrc to type Russian the Russian characters are all scrambled. They are not in their usual positions. I suspect the Russian character map is also trying to imitate a Russian version of Dvorak. I would like to return to the standard Russian layout with the default keyboard layout in English being Dvorak. Would you please help me to achieve that? I believe this has something to do with the 'keymap' setting. But I don't know for sure. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead!
>
> —
> Best wishes,
> Maxim
>
> Maxim Abalenkov \\ maxim.abalenkov@gmail.com
> +44 7 486 486 505 \\ www.maxim.abalenkov.uk


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/88EBD0BC-A5EA-4762-ABAD-1E5F18C013C4%40gmail.com.

No comments: