Sunday, March 6, 2011

Go to Definition?

I switched to vim a couple of months ago for some of my development work and Its been great but there is one feature I am still missing that would come in very handy. 

Most IDEs I have worked with in the past have some form of "Go to definition" when you are on a class name or a function. In static typed languages its very accurate and in dynamically typed languages it'll give you a list to choose from. Is there a plugin for vim that does the same thing? I need something that will work across python, ruby, javascript, and java. That would complete my vim setup and I would be very grateful! :) 

BTW I am constantly hitting :w in other text editors / IDEs now. 

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: