Thursday, March 3, 2011

Re: Proper handling of C style // comments?

Ben

In the latest vim C syntax file it is corrected, I mean it does not
highlight double slashes as error. So I presumed that it was a mistake
in the original version

On Mar 3, 5:18 pm, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 4:32 pm, kuru <maymunbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hugh thanks for your time, but that one did not help me ;)
>
> > Christian, that was a great solution. It did do the trick. My c.vim is
> > from 2006, I am not using the latest one(from nov 2010 by Bram)
> > because the older one is more extended in a way and I already created
> > my color file.
>
> And where did you get this older file?
>
> > It was called CCommentError, so I diverted it to comment as you have
> > suggested.
>
> It sure seems like it's intentionally using error highlight then. You
> should figure out why it is matching there. Perhaps your extended
> syntax file matches '//' style comments as errors since they are not
> technically part of standard C (they're called "c++ style" where I
> work).

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: