Friday, March 4, 2011

Re: To be strange or not to be strange...?

On Mar 4, 11:11 am, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to rebuild vim patch by patch starting with the source of
> the vim version, which was that one which receives patch 7.3.001.
>
> I thought that version was 7.2.446.
>
> But applying patch 7.3.001 to it (trying: patch -p0 < 7.3.001, patch -i -p0 <
> 7.3.001, patch -i -p 7.3.001, patch -i -p0 7.3.001) failed.
>
> So something screwed up here...may be my version of 7.2.446 is
> corrupted.
>
> Where can I get the source of vim-7.<last pre-7.3.001> WITHOUT
> compiling it in one go (I read about aap, but this one downloads
> the newest version an recompiles the whole stuff, which is reasonable
> for such a tool and really neat -- but unfortunately not what I
> want... ;)
>
> How can I proceed here?
>

Patch 001 is supposed to be applied to the 7.3 source without any
patches. Maybe it would be more clearly called 7.3.000.

I *think* you can get this source code from http://www.vim.org/sources.php
but I have never tried this for Vim 7.3, since I was already using
Mercurial to get the Vim source at the time of release. It would
probably be far easier for you not to mess with patches at all. Vim is
now maintained using Mercurial. You can get a clone of all the source
code at whatever patchlevel you desire, at http://code.google.com/p/vim

Ben H. addresses some options for using Mercurial to accomplish
specific tasks in his reply, I won't duplicate them here.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: