Saturday, March 5, 2011

Re: Toolbars in Gvim (Debian + KDE 4.4.5) won't switch off

On Mar 5, 4:16 pm, John Degen <johnde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following .gvimrc:
>
> set vb t_vb=
> set showcmd
> set guioptions=aegiLt
> set tb=
>
> But after starting Gvim I still get a toolbar. :verbose set tb? says
> ~/.gvimrc and if I manually do :set tb= the toolbar disappears as
> expected. Any ideas?

I found a solution, albeit a rather unsatisfactory one since I don't
know what I'm doing: I commented out all lines in /usr/share/vim/vim73/
menu.vim containing "toolbar". Why aren't the settings in this file
overridden by my /home/<user>/.gvimrc? The file menu.vim appears
before my .gvimrc in the output of :scriptnames.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: