Saturday, November 26, 2011

Re: Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal

One last try... I can go look over several hundred patches, but I was hoping someone might have an idea. Any thing I should look for?

On Nov 18, 2011 12:49 PM, "Fuzzy Logic" <fuzzymo@gmail.com> wrote:
Any ideas? What confuses me is that it gave no messages with Vim 7.2,
but does with Vim 7.3.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Fuzzy Logic <fuzzymo@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read :help 26.4 and I'm still a bit stuck.
>
> I was previously using Vim 7.2 with the following:
>
> file fixnbsp.vim contained:
> :%s/> />\&nbsp;/g
> :%s/ </\&nbsp;</g
> :wq
>
> and a shell script under Cygwin with the following snippet:
>
> # Build new compares.
> for f in $(cat $ALLFILES); do
>  if [ -e new/$f ]; then
>    c:/Program\ Files/Beyond\ Compare\ 2/BC2.exe @shortcompare.txt $f
>    c:/Program\ Files/Vim/vim72/vim.exe -S fixnbsp.vim compares/$f.html
>  fi
> done
>
> A nearly identical setup (substitute vim73 for vim72) outputs:
> Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
> Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal
>
> Reading :help 26.4 and the examples, I changed fixnbsp.vim to:
> %s/> />\&nbsp;/g
> %s/ </\&nbsp;</g
> write
> quit
>
> and the vim step in the loop to:
>    c:/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Vim/vim73/vim.exe -e -s
> compares/$f.html < fixnbsp.vim
> which is the same as the example:
>          vim -e -s $file < change.vim
> (obviously, I changed the "write tempfile" to just "write" since I
> want to change in place)
>
> This just seems to hang. (possibly on the write?)
>
> I know I could use sed, but I would just like to know whether
> something changed in Vim 7.3 that changed this behavior, and what I
> could do to make this work.
>
> BTW, from http://www.vim.org/maillist.php#vim clicking the "tips
> archive" from the "Comments" section gives a 404.
>
> Fuzzy
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: