Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Re: Why I'm not switching to command mode?

On Nov 30, 7:45 pm, Jean-Rene David <jrda...@magma.ca> wrote:
> * Alexander Kostikov [2011.11.29 21:40]:
>
> > After some retries I figure out command that does the thing I want:
>
> > snoremap <C-C> <ESC>gv"*ygv<ESC>
>
> > Few lessons learned:
> > 1) if vnoremap is used I'm not able to return to command mode for some reason
>
> There is no "command" mode in vim. One may think
> you are referring to "command-line" mode, but you
> seem to be referring to "normal" mode. That's the
> mode where h,j,k,l move the cursor around in the
> text.
>

command mode is another (rarely used) name for normal mode. I made the
same mistake a while back on this same list.

:help command-mode

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: