Saturday, March 30, 2013

"hi netrwCopyTgt" doesn't bold netrw's target directory for copy

I am trying to get my netrw marked files to show up as yellow, and the
target directory for copying marked files to show up as bolded cyan.
In my vimrc, I have:

syntax on
color mine

I deliberately stuck "syntax on" as a precaution because the highlight
groups netrwMarkFile and netrwCopyTgt don't exist without "syntax
on". Without it, the "color mine" seems to have no effect in netrw.

I issued :highlight and extracted the following relevant lines. I
also indicate the lines that result from my color scheme.

" Default:
"----------
Directory term=bold ctermfg=11 guifg=Cyan

netrwDir links to Directory


" My color scheme:
" The #80FFFF is very similar to Cyan if not the same
"-----------------------------------------------------
Identifier term=underline cterm=bold ctermfg=7 guifg=#80FFFF

netrwCopyTgt term=bold ctermfg=11 gui=bold guifg=yellow
" This is "cleared" by default.
" Use yellow as a test.
" Will change to Cyan once I get bold working.

netrwMarkFile term=underline cterm=bold ctermfg=7 guifg=yellow

I included Identifier because the default is for netrwMarkFile to link
to Identifier.

I do not have a gvimrc.

The Cyan for Directory works. The yellow for netrwMarkFile works.
But the netrwCopyTgt doesn't work (neither bold nor yellow)

The scheme doesn't *appear* to be all that complicated, but I'm not
all that familiar with the inner workings of syntax and color
schemes. Can anyone suggest a way to make it work, or identify what
is preventing it from working?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: