Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Re: Profiling vim

On 2013–03–26 Marc Weber wrote:

> vim -V20/tmp/log will write a logfile.

I blindly typed this command. You should have warned me that it
produces hundreds of MiB within seconds ;)

> use tail -f (on *nix like os) to follow the file.
> If it goes crazy you have chance to understand what is going on.

It did, indeed.

The culprit was the easytags plugin, which is removed from my system
now after I've seen a bug report about a similar issue from 10
months ago.

> Yes - bisecting is a good way - and bisecting plugins is easy.

It's easy, indeed. But if you have to wait 10 seconds before you can
advance to the next step it's getting boring.

> vim-addon-manager even automates it.

Also when vim eats 100% CPU and blocks?

> If you paste your plugin list, maybe the list can also help judging it.

You just want to ensure that I use vim-addon-manager, admit it ;)

Thanks for the quick and competent help, it solved my problem.


Marco

No comments: