Sunday, March 31, 2013

Vim freezes with 100% cpu usage on exit

Hi

I'm experiencing a bug with vim inside virtualbox running ubuntu 12.04 LTS(which automatically installs guest additions). I noticed the bug happens with the following actions:

1 - I open vim inside a tmux session and start working on some project. I always have two files open in vertically split window(not sure if this is relevant)
2 - I detach the tmux session, save virtualbox state then shutdown my computer.
3 - Some time later(like 30 minutes) I turn my computer on, resume virtualbox and reattach to the tmux/vim session.

When I reattach, everything is working normally, except when I try to quit vim with :qa . When I do that, vim freezes and starts to consume 100% cpu until I send a SIGKILL.

This always happens with me. The vim version I'm using is the one that comes with ubuntu 12.04 LTS(7.3.429), but I also have tested with the latest build(875) and the problem persists. The ubuntu guest only contains the minimal install (console-only)

To whoever is interested in investigating this bug and fails to reproduce it: just ask and I will try to collect more info about my working environment.

Thanks in advance.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments: