Thursday, May 29, 2014

Re: Copy the full path of the file opened in my current buffer.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:
On 2014-05-29 05:01, Arup Rakshit wrote:
> How can I copy the output of Ctrl-G ? I want to get the and copy
> the full path of the file opened in my current buffer.

You can assign it to a register such as "a":

  :let @a=expand('%:p')

I do this so often that I added the following to my .vimrc:

if has('win32')
    nnoremap <Leader>fn :let @*=substitute(expand("%:p"), "/", "\\", "g")<cr>
else
    nnoremap <Leader>fn :let @*=expand("%:p")<cr>
endif

So on Windows (primary platform), when I use the mapping it converts to backslashes so that I can for example attach the file to an email, or whatever.  When on *nix, just use the filename.

But I copy the filename into the system clipboard.

HTH,
David

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: