Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Re: Vim with +python support

On 2014-05-13, Ole Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install python and vim +python support. I
> successfully installed python 2.7 and if I go into my gvim ":echo
> has('python')" returns 1.
>
> But if I open my command line vim (which I use primarily) of the
> same installation, ":echo has('python')" returns 0.
> Is there any known way around this?

This sounds like your vim and your gvim are different binaries.
I've enabled python in my Linux installation (i.e., "./configure
--enable-pythoninterp=yes") and ":echo has('python')" returns 1 in
both vim and gvim.

We just need to figure out what's wrong with your installation.

How did you install vim and gvim?

What do the following show?

$ ls -l $(which vim)
$ ls -l $(which gvim)

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: