Thursday, September 18, 2014

Re: Editing files on Google Drive

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:52:23 AM UTC-5, Ben Fritz wrote:
>
> I wonder if a better solution might be for me to include that directory in 'backupskip' rather than trying to mess with 'backupcopy'. I bet I could recover the file using Google Drive itself if ever Vim lost the file somehow while writing and then I don't need to mess with autocmds.
>
> I'm not certain from the help: if I want to include subdirectories in Google Drive, would I need to do this?
>
> set backupskip+=$HOME/Google\ Drive/**/*
>
> Or would just this suffice?
>
> set backupskip+=$HOME/Google\ Drive/*
>

Actually I needed this:

let &backupskip.=','.expand('$HOME/Google\ Drive/').'*'

And now I don't get silly duplicates, even in subdirectories.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: