Sunday, April 26, 2015

setting statusline with function that uses system()

When I do this I often see stray characters displayed in the current buffer.
For example, I can press "j" several times to move down in the current buffer.
It will work a few times and then start displaying "j" characters instead of moving down.
After that point, if I press the esc key I will see "^[" displayed.
The function I use to get my statusline string is called each time the cursor is moved.
The problem goes away if I remove calls to system() in that function.
Is this possibly related to the system() calls taking a while to return?

This is how I configured my statusline:

setlocal statusline=%!MyStatuslineFunction()

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: