Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Re: [ANN]: vimagit, a new way to use git within vim

2015-11-04 오후 5:24에 Jérôme Reybert 이(가) 쓴 글:
> Hello namsh,
>
>> Personally I cannot live without 'git add -p'.
>> And I want to say vimagit is a great plugin for this workflow.
>> Thanks for your powerful plugin.
>
> Great to hear that!
>
>> But, it is too slow for me.
>
> There is some improvements to do around that. I have some on
> going branches about performances, but some of them introduce
> some tedious and error prone logics that ask some work.
>
> Anyway, you may want to try the branch next to test a first
> performance improvement feature.
>
>> But, ':Magit' took 5 seconds to show the status.
>> CR on Makefile took 5 seconds.
>> 'S' on Makefile took 5 seconds.....
>
> For your specific problem, may I ask you to report it on github?
> It will be easier to me to track him for next release.

OK.

> One question anyway: do you have untracked files or stashes in
> your repository? If so, could you try the branch next to check
> that it solves your performance issue?

To test vimagit, I just edited Makefile in a clean work tree.

$ git status -sb
## master...origin/master [ahead 1]
M Makefile

'next' branch took about 3 seconds for :Magit, CR and S.

The repo I tested had 89MiB of git objects.
And the repo includes 12 submodules if it relevant.

I made a empty repo and commit a 1 line file. And then add
another 1 line. Now :Magit took about 2 seconds for this simple
repo.

Because my PC (+VirtualBox) is so slow, I think I can use vimagit now.

>> I run several time, so the timing is not for cold start.
>> For me, this plugin needs at least 5 seconds to do something.
>> If this is not expected, should I check something?
>
> vimagit display logic is really simple today. It will cache in
> internal vim variables the whole diffs in your repository,
> including untracked files; for example, if your repository has a
> build directory which is not ignored, vimagit will cache diff
> for each files in your build directory, which may take a long
> time. In branch next, it won't cache diffs for "closed" file/dir
> (which is the default when you open the vimagit buffer).

Thanks,
namsh

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: