Sunday, December 27, 2015

Re: mysterious grey bar with symbols in it

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 7:49 AM, 'Andy' via vim_use
<vim_use@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am using vim as installed on opensuse, and have a question about it now
> that I have googled for, and cannot find any definitive information about.Or
> at least, any information that I can parse into something that "works for
> me". The only information I've come up with, that appears to bear on
> the behavior I see is stuff about folding, but I've tried turning it off
> (set
> nofoldenable), and nothing changes. The version of vim that opensuse loads
> is v7.3.831 according to the splash screen it throws up.
>
> My question is that when I fire up vim on some file, it begins with thefile
> itself just fine. But then, after a few seconds, I get a grey bar on the
> left
> side of the screen, in which some various symbols and numbers appear. For
> an example, take a look at the attached jpg. If I ever do a normal
> highlight and click,to get text from one window to another, the characters
> inside the grey barcome along too, and the grey bar turns into a two column
> wide space in thetransfered text, which is rather annoying and is most of
> the
> reason for myquestion here
>
> What is this functionality, why would I want it, and how can I get rid of it
> if in fact I don't want it after learning what it is?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide to me,
> Andy

See :help sign.txt

Best regards,
Tony.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: