Sunday, December 13, 2015

Re: Why is :E an ambiguous command after upgrading to patches through 965?

On 2015-12-13 20:30, boB Stepp wrote:
> Now that I have done this update, when I use :E to open the file
> explorer I get "E464: Ambiguous use of user-defined command."
> However, :Ex works.
>
> Can someone tell me what new feature has been added with this update
> that now makes :E an ambiguous command? The full version info
> follows:

While I'm not sure off the top of my head what it is, you should be
able to type (without hitting <enter> first)

:E

and then hit control+D to show the possible matches. My guess is
that something new has been added (whether in native vim or some
plugin) that also begins with ":E".

-tim


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: