Sunday, December 13, 2015

Re: Why is :E an ambiguous command after upgrading to patches through 965?

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> This sounds suspiciously like something that might come from Dr.
> Chip's "LogiPat" plugin, perhaps you have that installed and upgraded
> it at some point (I have it available, but it's a pretty old version
> without an ":ELP" command to ?

When I looked at the help, its version history is a little bizarre
looking to me:

3. LogiPat History *logipat-history*

v3 Sep 25, 2006 * LP_Or() fixed; it now encapsulates its output
in \%(...\) parentheses
Dec 12, 2011 * |:ELP| added
* "" is mapped to a single " and left inside patterns
v2 May 31, 2005 * LPF and LogiPatFlags commands weren't working
v1 May 23, 2005 * initial release

> If that's the case, and push come to shove, you can un-command it with
>
> :delcommand ELP
>
> to get your unambiguity back. Alternatively, if you don't use the
> LogiPat plugin, you should be able to disable it to cut it off at the
> pass.

I don't use it, but perhaps something else does? I have (to date)
installed all of my few plugins with Vundle. This appears to be
something part of the new build I just installed (as mentioned in my
original email). I will probably use your delcommand suggestion. I
presume this is reversible?

--
boB

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: