Friday, December 18, 2015

Re: Re:Re: Blowfish[2] failed to encrypt big text file of 24MB

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 8:01:37 AM UTC-6, Ken Takata wrote:
> > > However, if I encrypt as follows, I see the E381 error repeated a bunch of times, and Vim seems to hang if I quit that error and try the password again and write, presumably creating that giant file the OP mentioned:
> > >
> > > :r encrypt_in.txt
> > > ggdd
> > > :X
> > > password
> > > password
> > > :w encrypt_blowfish2.txt
> > >
>
> Perhaps I found a fix for this.
>
> --- a/src/memfile.c
> +++ b/src/memfile.c
> @@ -1033,7 +1033,7 @@
>

Unfortunately, I can no longer reproduce the issue: I was able to encrypt, save, quit, read, and decrypt in Vim 7.4.977 (still HUGE 64-bit on Windows 7) using the previously failing methods above.

So I'm not able to test whether your patch fixes it. :-(

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: