Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Re: test wrapping for coders

On 2015-12-09, gaston wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by ':scriptnames'. I'm assuming that
> would be a command run from within vim because it's comes right
> after ':'. I pasted my ~/.vim file tree and it looks just like
> what you said it should look like, the file
> ~/.vim/bundle/vim-surround/plugin/surround.vim is there. What I
> did was to google the use of surround.vim and after finding what
> keys I needed to press while in regular mode I did so but nothing
> happened, the word I was hovering over did not get surrounded with
> double or single quotes. I don't remember the keys I pressed or
> the site I got them from atm. What would you suggest I try? And
> thanks.

The problem seems to be that you have installed the surround.vim
plugin, but Vim is not seeing it.

The :scriptnames command will show you a list of the plugins that
have actually been sourced by Vim since startup. You execute it as
you would any other Vim ex command, that is, type the following:

:scriptnames

and press Enter. If Vim is actually sourcing that plugin, the list
will include

~/.vim/bundle/vim-surround/plugin/surround.vim

If that plugin _is_ in that list, then we will have to figure out
why it doesn't respond you your keystrokes. However, I suspect that
the plugin is _not_ in the list. If it is not, then execute this
command,

:verbose set rtp?

and post the results here. That will show you the value of the
'rtp' or 'runtimepath' option. That is is the list of places that
Vim searches for plugins. For Vim to find that plugin where you
have installed it, 'rtp' must include the directory

~/.vim/bundle/vim-surround

If it does not, then you have not installed or configured the Bundle
or Vundle or whatever plugin manager correctly.


We will get this figured out. The more information you can provide,
the fewer guesses we will have to make and the faster we can get
this working.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: