Monday, August 6, 2018

Re: command when file is closed

On Saturday 4 August 2018 14:28,
Michael Wagner <wagner_m_bremen@web.de> put forth the proposition:
> Hello folks,
>
> I am on linux Debian and my signature files are handled by fortune. When
> I add a new signature with vim, the dat file for the sigfile must also
> be updated, to tell fortune the changes. At the moment I have an alias
> for this
>
> alias vim-add-sig='vim + ~/sigs/signature + ~/sigs/signature_english && \\
> for i in $(find ~/sigs/ -not -name "*.dat" -type f); do strfile $i; done'
>
> I'm sure it's possible to add the for loop in my .vimrc when I edit my
> sigfiles, but I don't know how.

:for {var} in {list}
<do stuff>
:endfo[r]

See :help :for

-Dave

--

The chat program is in public domain. This is not the GNU public license.
If it breaks then you get to keep both pieces.
-- Copyright notice for the chat program

.--. oo
(____)//
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: