Thursday, May 30, 2019

Re: Looking for help getting iVim set up

> On May 29, 2019, at 2:18 PM, Eric Weir <eeweir@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> Anyway, I wanted to thank you for the suggestion of renaming the .vim file in netrw. After doing that I was able to get the process of importing the contents of my .vim folder into the renamed folder started via Dropbox accessed through the files app. Then I renamed the folder back to .vim.
>
> I say I "got the process started." It's been over an hour and it seems to be still going on. At this point the contents of my bundle folder have only been partially copied. Or maybe it's just stopped without copying all the contained folders and files.

Finally after several tries and start-overs I believe I've got my entire .vim file onto my iPad by accessing Dropbox from the Files app on the iPad. Also copied over my vimwiki folder.

Now I just have to get it all working. For that I'll have to relearn vim. I got so comfortable with my MacVim setup on my MacBook that I've altogether forgotten how i got it. With time. And a lot of hand-holding from folks here. FWIW I'm not a programmer. Just a writer.

So thanks for the help. Would not have gotten even this far without it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"(I)t is important that awake people be awake... the darkness around us is deep."

- William Stafford

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/08F71741-4DD5-4A4F-AA5A-5FCFBD878574%40bellsouth.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: