Monday, December 23, 2019

[i and [I don't show first occurrence in python files

If I've a Python file

from foo import bar

....

   qux = bar(...)

And I place the cursor on the 'bar' function invocation, and do [i or [I, I get E387 - Match is on the current line. From my experience with other text/source files (Java, for example) and documentation, I fully expect it to list the first occurrence, which is the very first import line.

I checked that [i and [I are not mapped to anything else.

Additionally, if I reset ft (while still inside the python file), it works

Can someone hint at why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jeenu

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/b72b0c48-f889-4a64-be67-de8f79175055%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: