Saturday, December 28, 2019

Visual artifacts when running in some terminal emulators

Hi!

Recently I have built fresh vim 8.2 to use it's embedded terminal feature, and I started to notice some weird artifacts when inserting text. It's like vim forgets to redraw the screen or something. For example, here is a screenshot right after I run "vim-8.2 -u NONE" and hit "i" to start inserting text:


Note that I didn't actually enter anything after hitting "i". Also note that welcome screen text is still present on the screen — it must disappear when you switch to the insert mode. When I hit Ctrl+L, the artifacts disappear, but they come back every time I start inserting.

I observe the problem only when I run vim inside terminator. When I use xterm, everything works fine. It also works well when I run vim inside GNU screen. There is no such issue with vim version 8.0.197 running inside the same terminator.

I really like new features of vim 8.2. How can I work around this glitches, besides always starting vim inside GNU screen?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAJeKBY_M8FEkHMrtGf6-EdgGdPDGh0vEd5j-ot7LbfjwHzB%2BwQ%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: