Thursday, December 12, 2019

Re: Vim executable for Windows updated

version 8.1.2424.x64 now works on take command 25.  I see a flickering screen for about 1 second before it stabilizes.

I guess a terminal is failing, but that is now handled effectively on my computer.

--rob solomon


On 12/9/19 6:44 PM, rob wrote:

I am a little confused, also.  I looked at the limited forum discussion.

You wrote

The values are different:

INPUT_RECORD.Event.WindowBufferSIzeEvent.dwSize

You are: return the size of the window buffer. (Screen Buffer Size)
Correctly: return the size of the displayed window in characters. (Window Size)


I am confused about the fact that the WindowBufferSizeEvent sound to me like it would be correct to return the size of the buffer, ie, 5000 lines long.  The name of this event says *BUFFER SIZE*

Is there a different event that returns window size, separate from screen buffer size?

I'm looking at my take command 25, and then in a detached instance of tcc.  Under properties -> layout I see 2 different settings.  In the top box it says screen buffer size is (on my laptop) width 210, height 5000.

In the next box, it says window size (on my laptop) width 210, height 44.

Is there a separate event named closer to window size, rather than screen buffer size?

--rob solomon


On 12/9/19 12:13 PM, Nobuhiro Takasaki wrote:
I have confirmed.

Patch 8.1.0940: MS-Windows console resizing not handled properly
This was the cause. 

The value returned by Take Command seems toe be different.

INPUT_RECORD.Event.WindowBufferSIzeEvent.dwSize
Correctly returns the number of characters in the window.
Now the window buffer size is returned.

In the above patch, trying to make the window size huge would fail.

I reported to JPSoft.com forum.
Continue to work after it is fixed.

--
Nobuhiro Takasaki

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/54b8bd9e-fb12-4249-a4e0-6cffef5770ce%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: