Sunday, December 8, 2019

Re: Vim executable for Windows updated

I've been using gvim for windows 10 installed from gvim_8.1.0451_x86.exe
since that came out.  That was the first version that fixed the bug in
vim (non-gui mode) in which <F11> and <F12> were not recognized.

That has worked fine for me.

At Bram's request, I installed gvim_8.1.2410_x64.exe and _x86.exe.  Both
versions of vim (non-gui) are not compatible with Take Command console
program by JPSoft.com.  I have been using some version of take command
for 25+ years.

There is an incompatibility w/ take command and the latest windows
version of non-gui vim.

The display is unstable, jumping more often than 2 per second (I
think).  The prompt line appears midway in the screen.  I am able to
blindly issue :q and it quits.

I reverted to the version that works for me, ie, 8.1.0451_x86.


Thought you'd want to know.

FWIW, I also reported this to Rexx Conn of JPSoft.com, who is the
principal programmer and owner (I think).

--rob solomon


On 12/7/19 2:58 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> As a tryout for the upcoming Vim 8.2 release I created an MS-Windows
> self-installing binary from the current Vim version. This should be
> very close to the Vim 8.2 release. Give it a try.
>
> This uses the new Windows installer, which is nicer than the old one.
> It also has translations for a few languages.
>
> You can download it from here:
> https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/vim/pc/gvim81.exe
>
> You can find the individual zip archives with runtime files and three
> versions of the executable in the same directory. See the README file
> for what is in which archive:
> https://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/vim/pc/README
>
> Let me know if you run into any trouble, we want to make sure the Vim
> 8.2 release doesn't have any problems.
>

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/e6443247-62f1-699c-a786-74e114b0b18e%40fastmail.com.

No comments: