Friday, December 20, 2019

Re: Tabs in GVim 8.2



--

Salman

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 16:26 Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 9:15 PM Salman Halim <salmanhalim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I switched to GVim 8.2 (Windows 10) and no longer see the tab list at the top. I tried both my self-compiled version and the version with patch 24 off GitHub. I also tried two different computers, both with Windows 10.
>
> I've gone back to 8.1 because I rely upon multiple tabs in my daily workflow, but figured it would be worth finding out whether it was just something with my configuration.
>
> Thank you,

I see tabs at the top even in gvim 8.2, but I'm using text-style tabs
in both vim and gvim, thanks to the following code in my vimrc (the
"if" wrapping avoids problems with versions earlier than Vim 7 but
also with limited featuresets of any version):

...

Best regards,
Tony.

Switching to non-gui tabs via removing e from &guioptions shows the non-gui tabs just fine. Interestingly, then adding e BACK shows the gui tabs. I just get an empty space otherwise. 

Would you mind trying the GUI tabs, please? You'd have to enable them in your vimrc because doing it after works for me, also, and wouldn't be representative of my experience. Should be as simple as not taking e out, I'm thinking. 

Thanks, Tony. 

Salam

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CANuxnEesQ8n%3DMemxwg4S412Sn0%2Ba-7O8c%2B0d4rDvy7JGn7nztg%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: