Monday, February 3, 2020

Re: viw / how to select a one char word ?

Tony, hi

I have 

selection=inclusive.

For me, if there is a sentence -

 a few words

and my cursor is on the 'a' and I am in normal mode and I press 'viw'
I get 'a f' visually highlighted/selected.  

It must be some plugin / mapping then, sorry.  I just tried again with -

vim -u NONE

and now 'viw' will only include the 'a' - although the cursor does not change color indicating the selection.

I am very curious where/how this is altered and will have to dig through my .vimrc and plugins.

thx again for your help,
mark

On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 6:33:16 AM UTC-5, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 12:17 PM M Kelly <mckel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to select a one char word ?
> lbve or viw or ?  All my attempts seem to continue on to the beginning (or end) of the next word.
> Is it that a 'word' cannot be a single char ?
>
> thx for everything vim,
> -m

When I do viw with the cursor on a one-letter word, that one-letter
word becomes visually selected. What is 'selection' set to? (":verbose
set sel?" will tell you the value and — if other than by default or
from the keyboard — where it was set.)

My vimrc includes the following, BTW:
" :behave tonymec
if exists('+selectmode')
  set slm=mouse,key
endif
if exists('+mousemodel')
  set mousemodel=popup
endif
if exists('+keymodel')
  set keymodel=startsel
endif
if exists('+selection')
  set selection=inclusive
endif

Best regards,
Tony.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/6999c838-0779-4fc2-bada-a6dd2a56a649%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: