Monday, March 16, 2020

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Mouse not working last 20% of screen

>>
>> I cannot use the mouse when it is in the last 20% of the screen
>
>I don't want to be a nuisance, but the whole idea of Vim is that you
>only use the keyboard, because it is faster and more precise.
>
>Admit it takes some time to re-train using your computer, but believe
>me: using just Vim keystrokes is the best thing in editing.
>
>//meine


Thanks for the suggestion meine!

I'm old. I'm old school. October of '93 when I started with vim and Linux there was no
GUI, only the ttys on Alt-F1 - Alt-F7. There was no mouse either as I usually used my
two serial comports as modem connections (PS2 didn't come out until later and I couldn't
afford a Cyclades).

The mouse is useful sometimes. Usually when I'm attempting to scroll one of the right
windows up or down without moving my cursor from the place I'm at.

So, yes, I use the keyboard about 90% of the time.

That other 10% was beginning to bug me ;)!

Andy

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/5ADFF93892EDB147B66FCBABC8E4F27F4421F7D7%40prgmbx01.

No comments: