Saturday, March 7, 2020

VIM on Windows Work Laptop

Hey, guys I recently started a position that requires me to use a windows workstation but I would like to have access to vim and the plugins I normally would use.  I feel infinitely slower doing basic tasks without it. I managed to install the windows version but I am not fully understanding where the vimrc file belongs and how to get plug up and running with it so I can configure things and utilize plugins. Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. So far I have tried modifying the _vimrc in my x86 programs file and added the autoload directory like the Plug installation requires. But when I launch vim it doesn't seem to be recognizing my _vimrc changes or location maybe. 

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/8850952a-055a-479d-9692-ddcb50cc09de%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: