Friday, June 11, 2021

Re: How can I undock a file panel from a split window?


I tried it. I'm using MacVim.  I edited the plugin replacing 'gvim' with 'mvim'.

It closes the current tab (good), opens a new macvim window (good) that is empty (bad).

I'm guessing the purpose of creating a new tmpname is to hold the contents of the current buffer without forcing it to be saved first, except the current buffer isn't getting written?
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:56:56 PM UTC-4 Charles Campbell wrote:
L A Walsh wrote:
> If I use split, I can create a separate panel that
> is a view on a file.
>
> How can I undock it?
>
Its not exactly what you're asking for, but I wrote something called
"Detach" which will detach a tab into its own process. ctrl-w T will
move a window into a new tab. The :Detach command will cause the
currently visible tab and all its windows to be brought up in a separate
gvim. Detaching a tab yields two independent instances of vim/gvim: they
do not share variables, vim functions, etc. If you're interested, you
may get it from http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim.index.html#DETACH .

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/c1f615ec-5f1f-456c-be3c-b06e657d688bn%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: