Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Re: How can I undock a file panel from a split window?



On Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 12:17:08 PM UTC-4 v...@tlinx.org wrote:
On 2021/06/29 03:05, rwmit...@gmail.com wrote:
> The source code is available - you're free to use to make what ever
> changes make you happy.
----
How many people do you think would be capable of making such changes?

Certainly not me, which is why I suggested a reasonable work-around
until you said you wanted multiple windows editing the same file with
live updates across all of them.

Having said that, I'm using MacVim and with whatever settings/plugins
I have, it automatically updates the buffer when the file changes externally,
but not until bringing it back into focus (which would be a fail for your use).

I tend to use each MacVim window as a session with related files and
sometimes want to break off a file into a new session.  I wouldn't have
looked/found a solution until you brought it up.  For me, it works great,
so I thank you for bringing the subject up.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/243dc7db-6af0-4fef-bbca-3f3a419d0b92n%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: