Sunday, August 7, 2022

Creating markdown style links in markdown

Previously I have been able to set markdown style links—[name](name.md)--to a new file by doing <CR> on a word or visual selection of words and then navigate back to the file in which the link was set. That experience has been with vimwiki and, more recently, wiki.vim.

Difficulties executing wiki.vim commands on files in the cloud led me to see what could be accomplished with markdown alone. I was discouraged that with it setting links did not work as I expected.

I am using vim-markdown. I have tried all the options seem related to what I want to be able to do. I'm wondering if I overlooked something in the vim-markdown options. If not, if there is code I could put in my .vimrc that would enable what I want.

Here's the relevant part of my .vimrc:

"vim-markdown-folding
set nocompatible
if has("autocmd")
filetype plugin indent on
endif

"vim-markdown
set conceallevel=2
let g:vim_markdown_follow_anchor = 1
let g:vim_markdown_edit_url_in = 'current'
let g:vim_markdown_no_extensions_in_markdown = 1
let g:vim_markdown_new_list_item_indent = 0
let g:markdown_fold_style = 'nested'
let g:vim_markdown_folding_level = 6
let g:vim_markdown_autowrite = 1
let g:vim_markdown_strikethrough = 1

Thanks,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eeweir@comcast.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/97DEC510-5AA8-49DB-AAE8-6D53B54DF327%40gmail.com.

No comments: