Friday, February 26, 2010

iMac slow in vi

Hello Folks,

I bought a 27" i7 iMac. It is blazingly fast re any job, except in vi.
E.g. inserting or deleting a character takes noticeable time.

Many times I get into trouble by watching the screen and deleting at my speed and (jeez, this is still here,
let me delete it), but this was already on vim's list to delete, so my extra delete results in vim deleting one more
item than what I need.

What could be the explanation?
Vim version is 7.2

My .vimrc has only 34 nmap, 4 map!, 2 iabbr definitions.

I set the following:

set cpo-=<
ai aw wm=1 nojoinspaces

Regards,

Miklos

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: