Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: iMac slow in vi

On 27/02/2010, at 09:34 PM, Keyan wrote:

>
> On 27 Feb 2010, at 02:23, Miklos Somogyi wrote:
>
>> Hello Folks,
>>
>> I bought a 27" i7 iMac. It is blazingly fast re any job, except in vi.
>> E.g. inserting or deleting a character takes noticeable time.
>
> have you considered MacVim? i have a macbook pro, 2007, and its runs beautifully, both, gui and console mode.
>
> regards,
> keyan

Hello Keyan,

Thanks, I just downloaded it. It still needs some TLC to set-up
because it was installed deep under ~/Downloads and gave me an error message:

2010-03-01 08:32:39.019 MacVim[13906:903] FATAL ERROR: Failed to register connection with name 'org.vim.MacVim-connection'

Also I could only shut it down with ctrl-c.
Otherwise it looks speedier than vim.

I'll play with it a bit, hopefully I can fix the problems.
Thank you,

Miklos

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: