Friday, February 26, 2010

Re: Saving signs

> What I mean is a :sign command. I can sign lines of code but, as I
> wrote, it doesn't persists between sessions. Is it even possible to
> write current list of signed lines?

Just out of curiosity, are you sure you don't want to use marks? I
hardly ever use signs directly. The way I use vim, signs are usually
created programmatically (e.g. based on info in the quickfixlist or
the location list). If I want to put a mark on a line of code, I use
marks for which vim also provides commands/maps to jump to these marks
etc. I you wanted to use signs, you probably also had to write some
commands/functions to jump to these signs, to remove them easily etc.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: