Sunday, February 28, 2010

Re: Naive question: scrolling down keeping only 1 line

Hello Mat,

I have copied your code in the _vimrc of my local PC.
It works perfectly.

I have copied it in the _vimrc of my office PC on which I work from
home via a Remote desktop connection using VPN.
It works also very good, but you can see a very little trembling in
the display when you scroll down.

Finally, I have copied it in the .vimrc on a Linux server. I connect
to this server first by using the above Remote desktop connection,
then by launching Cygwin on the remote PC. The connection is rather
slow but still workable. Unfortunately in that case, you can clearly
distinguish the CTRL-F effect followed by the CTRL-E effect. It is
really unpleasant.

I think a script using CRTL-D with a correct calculation of "scroll"
would be better. I am not myself an expert of vim script language. So
you are welcome :-)

The best solution would be to ask Bram to include in Vim an "offset"
option which could be 0, 1, 2... but may be it is not so simple to
implement.

Best regards
Jean Johner

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: