Friday, February 26, 2010

Re: close file but not the tab

I have read the help pieces you've mentioned but not found the answer
to my questions.

What do I have to do?

On Feb 26, 7:08 pm, Ben Fritz <fritzophre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 26, 7:46 am, rameo <rai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1)
> > I would like to know if it is possible to close the last tab but keep
> > the empty tab without closing vim.
>
> :help :bdelete
> :help :enew
>
> But, why do you want this? Wouldn't it be easier to just go ahead and
> edit the next file you want?
>
> > 2)
> > I would also like to know if it is possible to reopen the last files
> > (the last tabs) when I reopen vim.
>
> :help :mksession
>
> I've found this doesn't work well (for me) if I have TagList windows
> open in any of the tab pages. I have not yet investigated the problem,
> it may have something to do with my setup. So, I do a ":tabdo
> TListClose" before I make a session on the rare occasions I do so.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: