Friday, April 29, 2011

Re: How to get undo functionality after :bnext

On 29/04/11 22:47, Reckoner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using version 7.3 on a Windows XP machine.
>
> When editing multiple buffers, I do :bnext to get to the next buffer.
> Unfortunately, when I return to that buffer or one of the previously
> edited buffers, I can no longer "undo" the changes in the
> corresponding buffer.
>
> Is there a way to set it up so that even if I do :bnext that I can
> still undo changes when I return to the same buffer? I think what is
> automatically happening is that every time I do :bnext it is saving
> the file, and somehow that is flushing the undo list.
>
> Thanks!
>

I think that what you need is the new persistent-undo feature, which is
still considered experimental and therefore turned off by default.

See :help 'undofile'


Best regards,
Tony.
--
George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but
he also admitted doing it. Now, do you know why his father didn't
punish him? Because George still had the axe in his hand.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: