Thursday, April 28, 2011

why does :copy move the cursor?

Lately I've been using the Ex commands :d, :t, :m to shuffle text around
while editing. Since the syntax of those commands require the source
*and* destination lines, e.g.:

:100copy150

to copy line 100 below line 150, I wonder why my cursors is *moved* to
line 150 after the command.

I tend to use those Ex commands precisely to avoid having to navigate to
the line I want to move. But then I end up having to navigate back to where
I was before I entered the command.

It's a small annoyance, really, no big deal but I was wondering if
others had thoughts on this behavior. Is there a use of them where that
behavior makes more sense than leaving the cursor where it is? Is there
a way I may have overlooked to change that behavior?

--
JR

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: