Thursday, April 28, 2011

Re: syntax highlighting colors bold text

>> I've redircted the output of ':verbose hi' along with the outputs of
>> 'set' for both user and root earlier, and posted them in this thread,
>> and they do differ.
>
> Yes; I glanced at that earlier. I didn't realise :verbose had been
> included that time.

I actually only saw the diff Tony included in his post. Perhaps your
original diffs didn't make it to the list.

An interesting option is this:

:verbose set background?

? It definitely affects boldness for some syntax colour stuff and is a
likely candidate for affecting other colours too. Why Vim would
detect/guess it differently when root and not, I don't know, but it
could definitely be playing a part.

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: