Thursday, April 28, 2011

Re: syntax highlighting colors bold text

>> - Are you using a colour scheme?
>
> Woudn't this be set in '.vimrc'?

Yes. It would be in some startup file if you were using one. I guess
:verbose hi would also show it up.

>> - Does
>> :verbose hi
>> give any insight? I.e. are the colours being set by different files in
>> the different Vim versions?
>
> I've redircted the output of ':verbose hi' along with the outputs of
> 'set' for both user and root earlier, and posted them in this thread,
> and they do differ.

Yes; I glanced at that earlier. I didn't realise :verbose had been
included that time.

>> - Does Vim give the same result for
>> :set term?
>> in each case?
>
> Yes, both:
> term=screen

Interesting. Do you still have the problem if you're not running screen
(which presumably is why term is set that way)?

I'll have a little look at Vim's source code and see if I can spot what
would make it set defaults differently re boldness, if Vim defaults
indeed appears to be where the differences originate....

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: