Thursday, April 28, 2011

Re: ":windo g/pattern/q" peculiarity

* Tim Chase [2011.04.28 14:00]:
[...]
> :windo g/pattern/q
>
> which did as I expected, but had the odd side effect of printing
> misleading messages about additional/fewer lines:
>
> 193 more lines
> E486: Pattern not found: @
> 86 fewer lines
> 16 fewer lines
> E486: Pattern not found: @

I can't reproduce this on terminal vim 7.3.143. I had two files open:

$ cat /tmp/foo
1+2
@11+12
$ cat /tmp/bar
barou

and used both '@' and '1' as patterns.

I get the E486 error but not the more/less lines messages.

[...]
> The "more"/"fewer" lines likely comes from Vim noting the number of
> lines before the ":g" and comparing it to number of lines after the
> ":g", and reporting the difference, but not noticing that the
> file/buffer/window had changed in the process.

I don't understand what you mean. I don't see how the number of lines
could have changed.

--
JR

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: